These tiny treats will make a big splash at your next holiday party! Create these fun Homemade Gumdrops in festive holiday colors or use your imagination and make color combos perfect for your party. These sweet sugar-coated creations will give partygoers a delicious drop of fun!
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- Food color
- Flavored extract
- Additional sugar
- Lightly spray candy molds, ice cube trays, or mini muffin cups with cooking spray. In large bowl, sprinkle gelatin on 1/2 cup cold water; set aside.
- In small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water and 2 cups sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; carefully add to gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Divide mixture into 4 small bowls -or more depending on how many colors/flavors you want. 4. Tint each bowl with 4 to 5 drops food color, then stir in 1/2 teaspoon extract. Carefully spoon mixture into molds. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until set.
- Carefully remove gumdrops from molds. Roll gumdrops in sugar; place on waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours to crystallize slightly. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.