Cherry Candy Cane Coffee Cake
It’ll be hard to tell if it is the excitement of Santa or the delicious smell of this cake that stirs your troop awake.
- 3 (8 ounce) Packages Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- 21 Ounce Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla or Almond Extract
- (Makes two candy cane coffee cakes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough and arrange 1 1/4 packages of the crescent dough into a candy cane for each coffee cake.
- Lightly flour and roll out the seams.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla and spread over dough. Top with pie filling.
- Cut the remaining dough into 1 1/2” strips. Arrange over filling evenly in a diagonal stripe pattern. Press ends to seal outer edges. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.